The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the commencement of Medicin and Nursing for the Federal University of Lafia.
Similarly, the commission also approved 16 other degree programmes for the university, effective from 2019/2020 academic session.
A letter dated January 20, 2020 with reference No. NUC/AP/F29/VOL.1/50 signed by Dr. N. B. Saliu, the Director of Academic Planning Department of the National Universities Commission, stated that all the programmes should bear only the approved titles and nomenclatures approved by the NUC.
The letter, however, stated that any title change that may be desired by the university must be approved by the Commission.
The new programmes approved for the university are as follows:
- Integrated Science Education, B.Ed.
- Biology Education, B.Sc. Ed.
- Mass Communication, B.Sc.
- Psychology, B.Sc.
- Computer Science Education, B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Mathematics Education, B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Radiography, B.Sc.
- Nursing, HNSC.
- Arabic Studies, B.A.
- Hausa Language, B.A.
- Physics Education, B.Sc. (Ed.)
- Chemistry Education, B.Sc. (End.)
- Business Administration, B.Sc.
- Accounting, B.Sc.
- Christian Religion, B.A
- Islamic Studies, B.A
- Geography, B.Sc.
- Medicine, MBBS.