The Federal Government has said over one million young persons have applied for N-Power job barely 48hrs after it opened the portal for the recruitment of Batch C beneficiaries of the scheme.
The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development in a statement confirmed this Sunday night.
The ministry urged young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35 to apply for the scheme which it said would focus on agriculture.
“The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development hereby announce that over “1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq, declared opened the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.npower.fmhds.gov.ng.”
“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new programme which would be very focused on agriculture.
“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the programme. “The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants,” the statement said.
The ministry assured Nigerians in the statement that the selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.